Accessible Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Peniel United Church is committed to excellence in serving all people including persons with disabilities.
We will ensure that our church personnel (volunteer and paid) are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by congregants and visitors with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises and participate without expectation of cost to the support person. We will notify congregants and visitors of this through a notice posted on our premises and website.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for congregants and people with disabilities, Peniel United Church will provide prompt notification. This clearly posted notice on the main entrance doors of the church and posted on the website www.woodvilleunited.com. The notification will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. Notification of canceled services will be done by phone and with the notice posted on the front door. All attempts will be made to notify parishioners and regular visitors of the service cancellation.
Peniel United Church will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. This training will be provided to staff and volunteers during their orientation process to new positions.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Peniel United Church respective plans related to the customer service standard.
- Methods to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities or people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- Instruction on both current equipment and devices available on-site or which may be obtained in the future that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- The process to follow should a person with a disability have difficulty in accessing Peniel United Church goods and services.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Congregants and visitors who wish to provide feedback on the way Peniel United Church provides goods and services to people with disabilities can complete a feedback through email via email@example.com or via phone 705-439- 2475. All feedback, including complaints, will be addressed by church personnel. Congregants and visitors can expect to hear back in 10 business days.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy Peniel United Church that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Signed on this day February 12, 2013 by